Jack Byrne speaks at Oregon State Bar - Corporate Counsel Section CLE
Oregon State Bar- Corporate Counsel Section
WHAT: Corporate Counsel Section’s “Need to Know” CLE Roundtable
TOPIC: Executive & Board Compensation – Tax, Regulatory & Best Practices
Executive compensation has become a recurring top boardroom topic. An ever-changing tax landscape, a greater focus on accountability, and new public company regulations - combined with a heightened public attention to CEO pay – all intensify demands for effective guidance from in house counsel. This is your chance to learn about…
· The tax consequences of deferred compensation, as broadly defined under IRC 409A
· Golden Parachutes and their tax treatment under IRC 280G.
· New regulatory developments.
· How are competitive market analyses best utilized, and how can they be effectively structured to avoid common pitfalls?
· Key trends driving both executive and board practices in successful compensation and pay for performance.
· Current trends in equity awards.
· Plus all attendees will receive a complimentary one page “Executive Compensation Checkup Checklist” and companion article.
Two excellent resources will present key highlights from their expert insight, and answer questions on best practices and hot topics. Have a special question or topic you would like addressed? You may also email it in advance to email@example.com.
Ryan Nisle, Partner at Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
Ryan assists clients in navigating the increasingly complex tax rules applicable to executive compensation and equity awards, including compliance with Internal Revenue Code Section 409A. Ryan has assisted clients in designing multifaceted equity compensation plans, as well as deferred compensation plans for current and incoming executives.
Jack Byrne, Principal at Ascend Consulting
Ascend Consulting is a trusted advisor on executive and board compensation, delivering independent competitive intelligence, seasoned guidance and powerful solutions since 1999 to over 60 of the Northwest’s top mid-small cap firms. Jack brings his unique insights from 20+ years as CEO/COO of high growth and startup companies.
WHEN: May 10, 2017, 8:00 am to 10:00 am
LOCATION: OSB Center, 16037 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd, Tigard, OR97224
RSVP: RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COST: Free for Corporate Counsel Section Members. $20 for Non-Members (includes Section membership for remainder of 2017).